Tuesday, July 20, 2010

allison fife...hasn't blogged since april?!?!

fixing this problem now. here's what's new...

1. i moved back home. CT was great, loved my life back east...almost wish i could move back! i think i will once i finish school. (i'll have to blog all about this experience when i have a little more energy.)

2. i'm a nanny again?!? well, sort of. i started babysitting for a family down the street and now i'm there every morning! so i'm calling it a part time nanny job :) two super cute girls. we bake brownies, go swimming, sing and dance really loud while watching youtube, and play barbies.

3. i'm getting ready to go back to p-town. i'm gonna tear that place up with my new NY attitude...so get ready cougars. i'm living at UAC and couldn't be more amped! but don't expect to see a lot of me, unless you want to come hang in the library...

4. i'm addicted to tv again. i go through phases. i was on this no tv kick for a long time, but i'm back. since i have nothing else to do up here in norcal, i pay very close attention to my dvr. mondays are for the bachelorette, tuesdays are devoted to chopped, and wednesdays and thursdays are set aside for so you think you can dance. i fill the time in between with watching masterpiece mystery (guilty pleasure my mother got me hooked on...don't poke fun), dr. oz, barefoot contessa, 48 hours mystery, and say yes to the dress. i am an expert on all of these, so don't mess.

5. nicki and mckay are engaged! this really has little to do with me, but i just wanted to add this to the list because i have been spending extra amounts of time shopping online and need something to blame it on. congrats you two! can't wait until september!

6. i had a phone fiasco. lost my phone the day after i got home. it was on silent and then died...so annoying. after a couple days, i just bought a new one (was going to do this anyway since old phone was ridiculously broken). ended up finding it this week (three weeks later) under a folder...my mom always tells me i have to look under things...

7. my grandma came to visit! it was so much fun! we ate at the cliff house in SF, such a great view! grandma, my mom, and i went and picked peaches and apricots in brentwood. it was so much fun! and they were sooooo delicious. they were all i ate for days.

8. i visited helen in san jose! i hadn't seen her since i left p-town over a year ago! it was so much fun to chat with her again, i missed her so much!

9. i'm not buying any clothes this summer. its a rule i made myself. i bought enough clothes in NY to last me for years. so far, i've done great! it's really hard for me, there are several items i can think of right now that i have almost purchased. if you go shopping with me in the next few weeks, please remind me to leave my wallet at home!

10. i do a lot of yard work. my dad loves his new chain saw (all you have to do is look outside to see evidence of this). it's his new favorite hobby to chop trees up and leave them for me to haul away. so, i've spent many hours doing that, plus mowing the lawn, making wood piles, painting doors, and any and all other manual labor my parents can think up.

that's it. the intention of this post was to put off writing a conclusion, if you will, of my year in greenwich. so there's more to come-prepare.

1 comment:

Sunshine Larue said...

your not buying any clothes this summer. hahahahahaha