Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My New Hot Tub

In moving, my family acquired a hot tub left by previous owner of 282 Remington Loop. This was pretty cool seeing as I had never had a jacuzzi in my backyard before and am no longer within walking distance to a public one. My sister Melissa was especially excited about this new edition. When the movers came on Monday to bring everything from storage and into the house, Melissa decided to go for a swim. Since Melissa's room had not been unpacked at all and she didn't have a swimsuit with her, naturally, she felt the need to take this swim fully clothed. When she decided she was wet enough, she climbed out and began to fold the cover back over the water. She heard a plop but didn't think anything of it. She then realized she didn't have her phone and could better decipher what made the plopping sound. After recovering her phone, we decided it luckily didn't have any damage and was okay...just a little wet...

There are a lot of cool things about this hot tub. For instance, the other day when I was at the grocery store, I found these really cool rubber duckies to put in the water. When their tummies get wet, they light up! They are really cute, but like to get stuck in the filters a lot.

Another neat thing is when you are relaxing the water you can see all the wildlife in my backyard. Like today, there was a baby deer and a mommy deer. They were pretty cute.

Sometimes if you are really lucky, someone will even come and swim with you! Earlier, my mom was showing my brother the hot tub, and he noticed a little frog. I had to go and fish it out since the water was a little to warm for the little guy to handle. It was actually quite sad and a little bit gross. It kinda makes me want to empty the spa and re-chlorinate it...we'll see if any of Kermit's friends want to swim with us again.

5 comments:

Hermana Izu said...

haha. at my family reunion in texas, my cousins and i were all catching tons of frogs in the backyard and swimming with them in the pool/jaccuzi. we also sent them on rides down the water slide. we pretended they appreciated that.

LARA said...

um... deer?? REALLY?! IN YOUR BACKYARD?! k yeah... that's really really cool.

Anonymous said...

there is a little damage. like if i want to take a picture, i cant. because the screen is green! so now, i pretended i was taking a picture and i put the green screen as my wallpaper. isnt that awesome!

Hermana Izu said...

oh my gosh! that is so cool!

Unknown said...

i think water doesn't actually damage phones. i dropped my cell phone a couple weeks ago in Claim Jumper and had to get it out sopping wet, but nothing was seriously wrong. it was good news.

thats cool you have a hot tub, we had one at our first house and we loved it. and its weird there are deer....