Monday, October 30, 2006

Coming Home

So, this week was Woodbridge's homecoming week. And what a week it was! First of all, I didn't dress up at all. I really just wasn’t that into it. I did go to the game…and the dance though! The game was on Thursday, which meant the pep rally was too…this made it a little less exciting than if we had been celebrating an imminent weekend or something fun like that! I took a nap before the game which resulted in me showing up late. I picked up Hannah and we were off to cheer for the Warriors. We parked in the Library lot and just as soon as we started walking toward the filed, we heard a bunch of sirens…turned around to find that they were right behind us. We asked some lady passing by if she knew what was going on. This is what she said: “Some of the moms of the football players order pizza, and I guess it was bad taste” Let me know if you have any idea what she meant. We got to the game just in time! As we were approaching the gate, Class Councils were setting up their props for the half time show. We stood by the railing and saw all four numbers (it’s too bad the seniors didn’t win…we saw it coming though) and Devon get crowned Queen. Hannah and I kind of pretended like we were going to stay for the second half, but after another glance at the score board (it didn’t look good); we decided to go to In-N-Out! Yum! Yum! I ordered fries and a shake and was content and could be! I later realized that Thursday was Potato Day which ended up working out perfectly! Hannah and I asked the cashier for some water cups. And then he left. I swear we were waiting at the counter for 5 minutes before he finally came back! I was so confused. He gave us the water and said, “I had to go all the way to Kentucky for those cups. (Awkward pause) The things I do for my job.” Me and Hannah just looked at each other for a while…he seemed like he thought he had actually gone to Kentucky! So I replied, “Thanks?” and then went back to our table. Hannah swears that this guy looked just like Brick from Anchorman; I have no opinion since I have never seen the movie. Oh Hannah… Friday was a regular day at school and when I got home, I went straight to bed. This was a problem because Lindsey, Lacey and I had planned to meet at Lindsey’s house at 6:00—and since I woke up at 6:30, the plan didn’t really happen. I eventually got up and dragged myself over to Lindsey’s…got ready for the dance in the car on the way to CPK, and then drove down to Dana Point where I attended the happiest Homecoming on Earth! (Where I was one of 319 attendees) We even got Mickey Mouse ears! So worth it. It was a fun dance. Most of the people on the dance floor were seniors which is why we had such a blast. All those who didn’t go, really did miss out. And that is my account of Homecoming (why is it called homecoming?). And btw, happy Naitonal Buy-A-Doughnut Day!

tomorrow: HALLOWEEN! (as if you needed reminding)

2 comments:

ScottyB said...

just wanted to let you know that i created a blog of my own now we can be blog buddies! i am pretty excited. ill visit your blog if you visit mine haha

me :) said...

only 319 people went to homecoming?