Thursday, August 7, 2008

bucket list

i was looking through some of my old stuff and came across my fifth grade "life list." it's the bucket list i made myself back in 2000. some of them i've already done (probably the only ones i ever will do) like;

become nocturnal (college really helped me with this one)
type over fifty words a minute (i don't know many people who can't...)
do the splits
go on point
do not do drugs (yes that was on my life list...)

some of the things i will never do! i'm not really sure why they made the list...

be a well known pianist (i don't even know how to play)
grow my hair until it reaches my feet (did i know myself?)
be the richest woman in the world (i wish...)
be the first woman president (i was hoping hillary would beat me to it)
be neat and organized (HA!)
climb the five tallest mountains in the world (not remotely interested...)
visit all the countries in the world (i might still do this if i become the richest woman in the world)
and photograph wild animals (listed were field mice and ants)

the most interesting part of reading this list was realizing how little i knew myself and what i thought i would be like in the future. i was totally wrong, maybe naive, or maybe just stupid.

there are still some things on the list that i would still like to accomplish, but overall, i think i've outgrown this life list. i guess i should start working on a new one...

1 comment:

natalie said...

This is my most favorite post ever. I can't get over how hilarious this is.
field mice and ants!?? BAHAHA

i totally get you on the "do not do drugs" i remember those anti drug classes in elementary school convinced me of two things
1) drugs were the most expensive scary thing in the world and my life would be ruined if i even touched them
2) I had a 99% chance of doing them, so I had to be careful.

Those classes scared me "ship less". I was afraid i would go to middle school and forget how bad they were and actually use them. HA

oh and i would make an amendment. Neat and organized!? are you effing me, that goes on the upper list of things you have done.