Thursday, May 29, 2008

summer!

yes, it is summer. this means that i'm living in danville, enjoying some time off from school, and having oh so many adventures. right now, most of my time is spent working though. while it is fun at times, and nothing can beat the money, sometimes it feels a little something like work...

i am a nanny. this sounded completely normal to me until i was picking up "my kid" from school and somebody asked him who i was. he replied, "my nanny." it sounded so weird! but i love it! i wake up every morning at 6:30 and leave by 6:45 to get to alex's house at 7:00 (which really means i get up at 6:45 to leave my house at 6:50 to barely make it to alex's house by a little after 7:00). i make alex breakfast and a sack lunch and drive him to sixth grade. while he's at school i fill my time with job #2. i come back at 2:30 and pick him up. our afternoons are filled with after school snacks, little league games, baseball practice, and video games. it's a wonderful life.

job #2 is at ann taylor in blackhawk plaza. you should all call me while i'm at work...it gets really boring. hardly anybody ever comes in and i love it that way. i work with some really funny ladies. my favorite part of work is when crazy people come in and need you to help them find outfits. it's really not that hard to pick out an outfit for yourself...is it? i really don't have any extra skills in doing that. just because i work at ann taylor doesn't give me good taste! (although i do consider myself an excellent personal shopper). like i said before, hardly anyone ever comes into the store....but when they do, they SPEND! people who shop at blackhawk plaza are rich. they don't really care if anything is on sale. when they find a shirt they like, they have to get the shorts and the jacket to match, and after they try on the shoerts, they need those in every color. oh! we sell jewelry too? yes, and shoes. i've sold more commplete outfits in my time there than separates.

happy summer!

No comments: