Thursday, November 15, 2007

a democrat is coming!

yesterday in my poli sci class, a democrat came and spoke. i thought it was really funny because on monday, my teacher announced that none of us would want to miss class because a democrat was coming (this is a rare occurrence at BYU). he didn't tell us who, or why...the fact that he was a democrat was apparently far more intriguing than anything that this man has accomplished in his life.
it took me until about half way through the class to figure out who this guy even was. everyone kept referring to him as "the democrat". he ended up being quite interesting. i laughed out loud a few times. he started getting in fights with some of the students in my class. he was all up in this one kid's face...and wasn't giving democrats a very good name.
but he did have some very good things to say. he asked everybody who cared about our environment to raise their hands. there were probably twenty hands in the air...out of 200. it was really sad. when he asked why, the kid next to me mumbled "because there are enough nuts doing it already..." i wanted to punch him in the face, but refrained.

tomorrow: button day, national moms and dads day

1 comment:

me :) said...

oh my gosh.