Sunday, November 11, 2007

coincidence

the craziest thing happened to me on friday. i was walking to my student development class and all of the sudden, i realized the guy in front of me was mike phelps, my seminary teacher from junior year! i asked him what the heck he was doing at BYU and he told me he was teaching this class. and i was like, "I'm in this class!" it was pretty crazy.
my student development class is a business lecture series. we have a different speaker each week telling us about the different aspects of business we could go into after graduating from the business school. mike phelps was here to talk about being a financial advisor.
he started the class by giving us a little background about himself, telling everyone where he was from. after he said california, some kid called out (obviously from california too), and then everyone from california started calling out what city they are from. i knew what this was leading too and held my breath. mike phelps said, "we have some true irvinites with us today" (nick jordan was also there) and then he told the class that he was my semianry teacher and what a great person i am--which i'm sure everyone already knows ;) it was the craziest thing ever!

today: veteran's day

3 comments:

LARA said...

haha it's cute that he mentioned you! you're probably like super pops now!! :)

Allison Fife said...

haha, i don't think it made a difference. and are you implying that i perhaps wasn't super pops before that?

Anonymous said...

Is this Nick Jordan, the "nick Jordan" from california!? if sooo we go way back, gah i lvoe that kid!